Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Quick recipe

While I am working on the big huge long post about our trip to California, I wanted to publish this easy recipe that I use quite often.

Almond Milk

Ingredients
1 cup of whole almonds
3 cups of water

Directions
Put the almonds and water into a blender (I use a Vitamix) and blend on high until you have a smooth mixture. Strain through a fine sieve one or two times, pressing down the mixture with the back of a spoon to get all the liquid. You can strain the almond milk into a pitcher or glass measuring cup, cover with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge. The milk usually separates, so just stir it around before measuring it out. That's it! I love to use almond milk in smoothies as a dairy replacement, but you can use it however you like best. One thing though: don't use it as a milk replacement in hot chocolate. It's disgusting. Trust me on that.

If you make this, comment below and let me know what you thought!

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to try it sometime :) I'll have to tell my mom about it.

    ReplyDelete