Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

A post for Delaney, who is 13 today!!

Well...I must say that it's strange to have a sister that is now in her teens!  Delaney Marin has been my playmate since she was born, first as my baby doll and then my companion who played House with me and shared a room with me.  Even though Delaney screamed and cried the first time I ever held her, we've been great friends and sisters.

Delaney is, I think, mature and wise for her age.  In fact, I sometimes wonder if she should have been the oldest, and I the middle child!  She is very submissive and thinks before she speaks, which has been good for me to learn from.  She also has a goofy, very playful side that makes her fun to be around.  She's always been able to make me laugh, even when I don't feel like it.

As Delaney grows older, she is also growing in her relationship with the Lord.  She was baptized last year, and eagerly explores the Bible and seeks to learn more about Him.  Her desire to please and obey God is lovely, and He is seen in her life.  We call her "Diligent Delaney", for that's who she is!  She is diligent in all she does, both for man and for God. 

"You shall diligently keep the commandments of the Lord your God, and His testimonies and His statutes, which He has commanded you."
~Deuteronomy 6:17

So, Happy Birthday Delaney...I love you and look forward to another great year of being your big sis!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthdy D! I'm so happy to be a part of your life. Hope you had an awsome B'day!
    Love you <3
    ~Your friend,Chloe Faith

    ReplyDelete