10 Things I learned this year:
- Sometimes the most powerful thing you can say is nothing at all
- God's mercies are new every morning (I already knew this, but came to a new and deeper understanding of it)
- It is never too cold for ice cream
- "Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy"~quote by Isaac Newton
- Those who are the hardest to love need it the most
- Tennessee is more beautiful and magical than I could have imagined
- Worship to God goes far beyond singing and praying.....it's a lifestyle and commitment that requires self-abandonment and total submission to God and His will
- Change is never easy
- I am desperately flawed and it is only by the grace and mercy of God that I am here today
- Caring for others brings a peace and contentment that is incomparable
Personally, I've never really believed in New Year's resolutions, mostly because they are often short-lived. Anyway, if you resolve to do something, start right then, even if it's September 17th! That's one of the reasons why my friend Emilie and I began our photo challenge on May 1st--we were eager and inspired to begin, and so we ignited the spark. If you have set your mind to something, seek the Lord for perseverance and help, and begin as soon as possible. Leave each moment to the fullest and the glory of God!
"Perseverance is falling nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth."
Well, I've cleared my thoughts and written from my heart, and that is the best I can do for now. May it bless you in some way and bring you nearer to Christ. And now......for photos!
Day 205: Beams through time
This was a very easy shot to take, which is wonderful because you can do it in a short amount of time and still get an impressive photo. See if you can figure it out!
Day 206: Erecting and perfecting a family tradition
See that woman on the roof? She's repairing the chocolate chip roof tiles, of course. One must keep a tidy house!
Day 207: Silhouette......nativity style
These window stickers, also a family tradition, have graced this window every winter for 8 years.
Day 208: Endlessly dark, bright eyes staring at me
A long title, yes, but those eyes are simply beautiful! Our new little friend was a joy to have in our home, and her family as well :).
Day 209: Half Moon Bay
Our family spent a day at this breathtakingly lovely seaside town, and it was so peaceful to walk along the shore and watch the waves. There were many surfers out enjoying the water too, which was delightful to watch!
Day 210: Then there's the city, and all it's oddities.......
A strange photograph, you say? The man in the photo is The World Famous Bushman. I'm dead serious....this homeless man has been sitting on the sidewalk near Fisherman's Wharf scaring people since 1980. It scared me, and it obviously scared this young lady. It was the funniest thing I saw all day!!
Day 211: Perspective
It's all in how you look at it
Day 212: Gingerbread house flood survival plan
Survival 101 at the Sweet Street people's house.
Day 213: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
How late did y'all stay up on New Year's Eve *and day*? I stayed up until 5:00 a.m., then had 4 hours of restful sleep before having another fun day. :)
Day 214: Musical reflections
I got a new guitar!!!!! It's absolutely wonderful, and I love playing it. I saw this idea online and decided to try it........success!
Day 215: Word-shaping
"A good book on a shelf is a friend that turns its back on you and remains a friend."
Day 216: Two are better than one
"There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved. It is God's finger on man's shoulder."
Day 217: More perspective
How do you see the sunset?